Without diversity, technology will never reach its full potential. We need new people with new ideas creating it. Help us give girls and women an equal say in our future!
ChickTech Orange County is a 100% volunteer-based chapter that strives to provide volunteer and community service opportunities for individuals. Our organization is flexible and welcomes all individuals regardless of gender, ethnicity, or sexual orientation to improve diversity within the community.
Why volunteer with ChickTech Orange County?
Some reasons include:
- Help empower local community members in the STEM industries
- Exposure to how non-profits and businesses work
- The opportunity to be part of one of the largest women in tech groups in Southern California
- Learn and strengthen soft skills in an environment outside of work
- Meet, network, and develop relationships with local recruiters, tech leaders, and members of leading OC companies and organizations
- Contribute and make an impact to the Orange County community and local STEM companies
- Participate in growing and developing a chapter that started from scratch
- Possibility for leadership roles
- Gain concrete career knowledge and contribute to thought leadership in our area through hosting workshops, becoming a panelist, or speaker
- Assist with making changes in the STEM field by possibly helping the next woman “Bill Gates or Steve Jobs” realize their interest/passion
- Invitations to attend events that are offered exclusively to ChickTech volunteers
- Notice of job openings from other members that may not yet be advertised to the public.
If you are interested in joining ChickTech Orange County, please complete the following form: https://airtable.com/shrFjyg2l4IS5y5OT
Once completed, one of our volunteer coordinators will contact you about next steps.