Without diversity, technology will never reach its full potential. We need new people with new ideas creating it. Help us give girls and women an equal say in our future!
ChickTech Orange County is a 100% volunteer-based chapter that strives to provide volunteer and community service opportunities for individuals. With 500 members, we are one of the largest Women in Tech groups in Orange County. Our organization is flexible and welcomes all individuals regardless of gender, ethnicity, or sexual orientation to improve diversity within the community.
We are always looking for individuals who are supportive of our mission and are willing to do the necessary work to help our chapter achieve our goals.
Why volunteer with ChickTech Orange County?
Some reasons include:
- An opportunity to empower local community members in the STEM industries
- Exposure to how non-profits and businesses work
- Learn and strengthen soft skills in an environment outside of work
- Meet, network, and develop relationships with local recruiters, tech leaders, and members of leading OC companies and organizations
- Contribute and make an impact to the Orange County community and local STEM companies
- Leadership opportunities outside of a traditional work environment
- Gain concrete career knowledge and contribute to thought leadership in our area through hosting workshops, panelist, and speaking opportunities
- Assist with making changes in the STEM field by possibly helping the next woman “Bill Gates or Steve Jobs” realize their interest/passion
- Invitations to attend events that are offered exclusively to ChickTech volunteers
- Free admission to most of our ChickTech Careers events
- Notice of job openings from other members that may not yet be advertised to the public
Next Steps: The Process
We have an established on-boarding process we require all volunteers to follow. If you are interested in volunteering with us please do the following:
1. Complete our Volunteer Application Form below!
Please note: In order to ensure our chapter’s financial sustainability in the future, all volunteers are required to assist with Chapter Development. Volunteers will be expected to start work on that goal within two weeks of their initial onboarding with the chapter. No experience is necessary and training will be provided. If you are not willing to comply with this, please do not apply to volunteer.
2. RSVP and attend our next in-person Volunteer Orientation. At the orientation, we will share with you more information about our organization, our values, and processes, as well as available opportunities. All of our orientations are listed here: https://www.meetup.com/ChickTech-Orange-County/
3. Get to know us by doing the following:
- Attending our events to get to know our members and who we serve
- Follow us on our Social Media Pages
4. Participate in a National Orientation Training Session. This is a virtual training session. More information will be provided at the in-person Volunteer Orientation.